Donations given to specific areas within Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
Special purpose funds are administered through:
Special Purpose Funds are donations with a specific purpose, and therefore have a restricted application. We ensure that these generously donated funds are managed carefully and provide the maximum benefit for patients and staff.
The funds rely solely on the generous donations of patients, staff and members of the public. Currently, we hold around 200 different funds of various sizes and restrictions.
Special Purpose Funds are used to directly benefit both patient experience and staff welfare by supporting a wide range of activities which are over and above what is normally available on NHS budgets.
This could include investment into education, research, equipment and patient care across many different wards, departments and clinics within Guy’s Hospital, St Thomas’ Hospital and Evelina London Children’s Hospital as well as community sites.
- Read FAQs about Special Purpose Funds
- Download the list of Special Purpose Funds
- Download Special Purpose Funds regulations
- Download our Special Purpose Fund spending plan how to guide
- Special Fund expenses - download guidance for claimants
- Special Fund expenses - download guidance for fundholders
- Download the Charity's brand and crediting guidelines
- Apply for funding through our Charitable Panel by 17 September. Download the details and share your idea here
For any more information regarding Special Purpose Funds, please contact the team on 020 7089 4572 or by email.
If you want to make a donation, or raise funds for a specific fund or area of interest with Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, please contact our fundraising team Support GSTT on 020 7848 4701 or by email.