We help find solutions to complex health issues from our place in South London
We are the largest place-based health foundation in the UK. This focus on place is particularly important to our approach.
For us, ‘place’ has three complementary meanings:
Focusing on a small geography allows us to layer and coordinate projects with others in order to create impact that is bigger than the sum of their parts.
We believe there are five distinct aspects to our work:
- Place. We work in the London boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark, supporting new approaches to health, sharing insights and learning with anyone facing similar challenges.
- Focus. Our programmatic approach focuses on a few complex health issues at a time. Currently we’re aiming to reduce childhood obesity and improve health and care for people with multiple long-term conditions.
- Connecting. We bring great minds together, within and outside the NHS, to come at problems from different angles. And we collaborate, partnering with anyone – here and in other cities – to find, develop and deliver the best possible approaches to drive change.
- Vision. Great ideas sometimes need the space and resource to fly and to reach their potential – so we take a long-term view and keep a very open mind.
- Impact. We're led by evidence and focussed on outcomes – always testing, evaluating, learning and adapting for greater results. By combining our resources with others, we create the kind of firepower that achieves meaningful change now and for future generations.
Through our strategy, we concentrate our efforts on a small number of health issues which are particularly significant in Lambeth and Southwark, tackling them through long-term programmes of work.Go to programmes
Over half of patients at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust are local residents. As the Trust's charity, we raise donations and use them to create world-class care and environments for patients, visitors and staff.Our work with Guy's and St Thomas'
The returns from our investments and property help fund our charitable work. Increasingly, we also use our investment power to effect direct impact on health, backing companies that offer services and products that transform people’s health.How we use our resources
Our place focus allows us to get under the skin of health issues and their root causes. It also means we can test solutions here that could help others. By sharing our insights and learning, we hope to support change elsewhere.Explore our insights
28 July, 2018
15 February, 2018
Our ground-breaking report into how our environments impact on child obesity and evidence-based ways to address the issue
22 February, 2017
Bringing great people together to tackle big health issues from different perspectives